Egg-in-a-hole is a pretty old recipe and also goes by many names such as egg-in-a-basket, egg holes, egg basket, pop eyes, etc. You may have heard of it by a very different name than I am calling it here. Nonetheless, it is a fabulous recipe that you can make for any meal, coupled with numerous other things, depending on your eating tendencies. I used to make it with bacon, but now might mix up a fruit salad or fruit smoothie.
Loaf of sliced bread (I prefer wheat, but you can use white if you want)
Salt and pepper
- Tear holes in the middle of each slice of bread like so:
- Heat your skillet and put a spoonful of butter in it to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Place the bread in the skillet and cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Crack an egg in the hole in the bread. Top with salt and pepper.
- Allow the egg to fry and flip the egg and bread when the egg is cooked.
Voila! You have delicious, easy and fairly inexpensive eggs-in-holes. See, even dudes enjoy them!