Okay, guys, it’s confession time. I quit my job. Actually, I quit my job a while ago and have been unemployed for a few weeks now. Some of you probably already know this, but I just wanted to share and get the heavy weight off my shoulders. To avoid unnecessary complaining about my former employer, I will just state that I was extremely stressed out and brought my work home with me in a way that began to strain my marriage. So, no more cubicle for me.
That being said, as I feel like I am turning over a new leaf in my life and avoiding stressful situations, I have decided to make some resolutions as the year draws to a close. You may be thinking, “Why are you adding goals when you’re trying to keep your stress low?” Well, because I am still a goal-driven person and frankly, I’ve been a bit bored lately. So, I give you My End of the Year Resolutions:
- My reading goal for the year was 100 books, and as I have met that goal with still a month left, my goal is being increased to 125 books by the end of December.
- With that being said, I would like to reach #35 on my Top 100 list by the end of December as well. If you follow this blog closely, you might be thinking, “Wait, you’re only on #62 right now!” Well, actually, I’ve only posted to #62, but I’ve actually read through #50 right now. Sneaky, I know.
- Do not spend any money on un-necessary things, such as clothes, shoes, books, Gumby’s pizza, Jimmy John’s, etc.
- There for a while, I wanted to start training for a race in the spring, but I figured out that I simply cannot run in the bitter cold of Kansas winter and I cannot afford a gym membership. By the end of the year, I would like to have some type of workout plan or schedule put into place, to start building up my physical endurance.
- Make at least 10 sales of my handmade greeting cards. I know, this is a shameless plug, but I’m really excited about my new Etsy store. Check it out by clicking here.
These may not be a lot of goals, but it something to focus on between now and the new year. Do you have any goals for this last month of 2010? Any feedback on my resolutions?